Author Presentation Preparation Instructions
Authors should review the complete hybrid conference format for ICIP 2022 here. Authors are strongly encouraged to attend and present in-person. ICIP paper presentations will take place in the following manner:
- Virtual poster sessions – All poster presentations will be held two weeks before the in-person conference dates using Gather.town.
- In-person poster sessions – Any poster presenters attending the conference in Bordeaux will also be invited to present their paper at an in-person only poster session.
- In-person oral sessions – Oral paper presentations will consist of in-person presenters only and live-streamed to virtual attendees. These paper presentations will not deliver a poster presentation, but will prepare the poster file for the virtual conference platform
Please finalize your video & poster no later than Sunday, September 4th 2022. This is a HARD DEADLINE. Files will not be accepted after this date.
Authors are expected to prepare the following materials:
- Pre-Recorded Video – Please record a video presentation, as a 5-15 minute overview of your paper, , with or without slides or visual aids. Prepare a brief introduction with webcam, if desired, followed by voice-over slides for your presentation.
- Poster –the Poster file will be displayed on the virtual conference platform and used for the virtual and physical poster session. The poster file should be in a PDF and JPEG format, and may contain live links.
Each accepted paper must be covered by at least one author registration and one author registration can cover up to four papers. All accepted papers must submit a 15-min recorded video presentation. The virtual conference poster presentation is required for all poster presenters, while a second in-person poster presentation on-site in Bordeaux is optional. Oral paper presentations will consist of in-person presenters only and live-streamed to virtual attendees. Unregistered or non-presented papers during the virtual conference poster presentation session or in-person during the oral presentations will be removed from IEEE Xplore.
More specifications and guidelines on preparation can be found below.
Video Presentation Instructions
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support
- For Authors located in China who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, which allows also to capture simultaneously yourself while speaking and your slides: https://obsproject.com/
- You can also use the two-step method covered here: Create Voice Over Power point and convert to MP4
- Duration: 15 minutes
- File size: 250MB max
- Video file format: mp4
- Dimensions: Minimum height 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Poster Presentation Instructions
- File Type: JPEG AND PDF
- File Size: 50 mb or less
- PDF Size: A0 – Landscape 1189 mm wide x 841 mm tall (46.8 inches x 33.1 inches)
- Must be a single page
- Must NOT be password protected
- Must be saved to open to “fit page” size (in Acrobat: Preferences – Page Display – Page Layout – Zoom – Fit Page)
- Must NOT have multimedia content (video/animation) included in the PDF poster
- Hyperlinks are acceptable
- Include your poster number on top right corner
Video & Poster Submission Instructions
- Visit the paper management system at the following URL: https://cmsworkshops.com/ICIP2022/Papers/AuthorVideoUpload.asp
- Login with your paper number and password provided in the paper submission confirmation email.
- Choose which author is the corresponding author and click on the “Continue to Video Upload” button.
- You will be redirected to a “Speaker Submission” form
- Fill out the form
- A series of fields will be pre-filled on the form (these will be locked for editing). Please double check these for accuracy. If there are any inaccuracies, please contact Jenna Yockim ( and reference your paper number.
- Upload your presentation video in mp4 format (max of 250MB is allowed)
- Upload your poster file in PDF format
- Upload your poster file in JPEG format
- It is recommended, but not required, to:
- Upload a Speaker headshot photo
- Include a Speaker Biography in the available text field
- Upload PDF of your pre-recorded presentation slides
- Submit the form by selecting the “Save” button at the bottom of the screen
- A confirmation message will be presented upon successful submission and a confirmation will be emailed to you
- Be sure to retain this information in case you need to make future updates to your submission
Deadline: Sunday, September 4th 2022
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation files, please contact Jenna Yockim (email@example.com).